Lab Test and Document Request Automation
Generally, only authorized medical providers can request laboratory tests for patients under their care but with some exceptions. The qualification of an authorized medical provider varies from one state to another, but in general that typically includes physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners. The exceptions include screening tests whose results would not require an immediate medical intervention.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services regulates all laboratory testing performed on humans in the U.S. through the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). In total, CLIA covers approximately 200,000 laboratory entities. The objective of the CLIA program is to ensure quality laboratory testing and places stipulations on how paperwork flows through the hospital’s lab.
FastFlow gives your authorized staff easy one-click access to lab request forms from anywhere inside the hospital. FastFlow’s security and entitlements control ensures that request forms are available only to the staff members who are approved to use them.In addition to controlled distribution and easy access, FastFlow helps meet CLIA requirements. The CLIA has many stipulations on the information that needs to be part of a request, for example:
- The request must include the name of the physician or anyone who will be contacted with the results of the test, especially if the results indicate a life-threatening condition.
- The request must also include the patient's name, date of birth, and a unique identifier, such as a social security or medical record number.
- The time and date of the specimen collection should also be specified in the request since many tests are time-dependent.
FastFlow enables you to take a manual paper process and convert it into a high-performance lab request system. A system that gives you instant delivery of lab requests in an entirely electronic system,
- Eliminates delays and lost orders.
- Standardizes controlled processes that increase compliance and shorten turn-around times
- Ensures accuracy by integrating with your records systems
- Helps identify trends and service issues with robust reporting features
- Minimizes administrative oversight with features for Tracking of processes, automated reminders and alerts
- Administrative Excellence
- Audit Management
- Contract Management
- Human Resources
- Employee Evaluations
- Change Status
- New Hire Automation
- Payroll Adjustment
- Capital Expense Request
- Admission Packet Automation
- Check Requests
- Medical Chart Request
- Form Change Request and Approval
- Mailroom Automation
- New Product Evaluation
- Office Move
- Policy and Procedure Management
- Purchase Request
- Report Automation
- Work Orders
- Clinical Experience
- Compliance Assurance
- Physician Satisfaction
- Revenue Integrity
- Supply Optimization
- Solutions by Type
- Solutions by Department
- Business Office
- Information Technology
- Medical Records | HIM
- Patient Safety | Risk | Quality